10 Star Cares
10 Star Fitness was founded in 1993 with one goal in mind: helping people live healthy lifestyles. Initially founded as Coop’s, a gym focused on results-based training, 10 Star Fitness transformed its model in 2016 to a high-value low-cost gym that is the perfect fit for everyone. Today, all upstate locations are devoted to the development of spirit, mind, and body through health-promoting activities for children and adults. And we offer all of that in a no-pressure atmosphere with exemplary service.
Michael: Born in 1970, Michael Cooper started exercising in High School. Which carried over to college at Winthrop University. His passion for weight training inspired him to open the first Coop’s location in Rock Hill, South Carolina in 1993. From there, Michael brought his gym to the upstate where he is from. In 2006 he connected with John DeFendis founder and creator of the Ultra Fit program and it has been a perfect fit.
Our owner, Michael Cooper, made the decision to not be staffed on Saturdays to honor the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, according to the 4th commandment. From Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset, we are not staffed. Having worked 7 days a week while open 24 hours, Michael saw the importance for him and his staff to set aside this day to rest and worship.
UNDER 18 MEMBERSHIPS
For more information on the Under 18 Memberships, please click on one of the locations below.
RULES AND POLICY
All members and guest must comply with the following rules to ensure safety and respect for all.
- All Members and Guests must register at the front desk upon each visit to the club.
- No cursing, yelling, or disrespect will be tolerated.
- DO NOT DROP or SLAM weights or dumbbells.
- Chalk is not permitted ANYWHERE in the facility.
- Wipe off equipment and benches after use.
- Cell phone use is permitted in designated lobby areas only (for common courtesy).
- Camera phones are not allowed to be used anywhere in the club.
- ONLY water bottles with spill-proof lids are allowed.
PROPER CLOTHING AND HYGIENE
- Appropriate athletic shoes only. NO street shoes, boots, or sandals are allowed on workout floor.
- Only shorts, sweat pants, t-shirts or other accessories deemed appropriate should be worn.
- Clean exercising clothing is required. Unpleasant hygiene will not be tolerated.
- NO belt buckles, denim jeans, or loose jewelry items can be worn in exercise areas.
- All other clothing and shoes must be kept in secure lockers.
- Keep ALL valuables at home. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
EQUIPMENT AND CARDIOVASULAR AREAS
- Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any equipment that has malfunctioned.
- Report any equipment problem or concern immediately to club staff.
- Weight belts are NOT allowed to be worn while using equipment with vinyl padding.
- We have provided day-use lockers at no cost. Take your belongings with you after every visit.
- Gym bags are NOT allowed in any workout area. (Bags are a trip hazard.) Day-use lockers are provided for your convenience.
- Re-rack all weights in their proper place after each use.
Rules may be subject to change at our discretion. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can best serve your needs.